Establishing your internal mediation service
In-house mediation is a cost-effective way of managing conflict at work. We pioneered in house workplace mediation in the UK and since then have set up services for more than 500 organisations.
There isn’t much we can’t help you with, when it comes to:
- making and sustaining the business case – with clear targets and goals
- positioning your service
- recruiting and selecting the right people as mediators
- training them so they are ready to take cases as solo or co-mediators
- making sure mediation works -you can expect a success rate of over 80% with our training
- getting the message out there and ensuring uptake
- raising the awareness of managers and staff about when and why to give mediation a go
- measuring and evaluating the impact of mediation against your aims
- providing ongoing support and development so your mediators stay committed, skilful and available.
We include all the support and guidance you need
With CMP you get advice and guidance based on 20 years’ experience setting up house mediation services,and supporting them to deliver results. So you also get:
- Everything you need to set up, market, manage and monitor your service
- Consultancy and guidance before and after the training
- Training methods to create the highest levels of skills, competencies and understanding.
- Assessed role plays every day to really give mediators confidence and experience
- Feedback and coaching from trainers who are practising mediators
- 12 months free support
- 6 free webinars, additional resources, and social learning
Working with such an experienced and professional organisation has been incredibly refreshing and our in-house mediation service has been enhanced as a result. The course was fantastic and people left feeling confident with the skills. The course content was comprehensive and the training techniques first class. The trainer worked with us to discuss service development and implementation. CMP Resolutions provided a lot of support which has helped immensely in getting this project off the ground.
I had half thought ‘how can it need six days to learn to mediate’, and then after the course I thought, ‘I need another six days!’ It was a lot more of a roller coaster than you might think, with more self-learning, building awareness of how you react to others in different situations. It was very useful to us and a powerful experience. The delegates are all very intellectually capable, and the training includes theory, practice and reflection – a nice mixture that covers the way different people prefer to learn.
Working with such an experienced and professional organisation has been incredibly refreshing and our in-house mediation service has been enhanced as a result. The course was fantastic and people left feeling confident with the skills. The course content was comprehensive and the training techniques first class. The trainer worked with us to discuss service development and implementation. They provided a lot of supporting information which has helped immensely in getting this project off the ground.
The trainer for my Advanced Mediation course was excellent, flexible and got completely to the point – with thorough discussions: an excellent trainer.
An excellent accredited mediation training course which equipped me for mediating workplace issues as a senior manager
Thank you CMP for the excellent training. We have received very positive feedback from those who attended the course. The literature provided by CMP was professional, thorough and easy to understand. We would always recommend you to others.
I really enjoyed the mediation training course, the role plays were challenging but necessary and helped the team to bond. The trainer was a very good facilitator, he allowed everyone the opportunity to express themselves.
I enjoyed the intensity of the small group, and the ability of the trainer to adapt to our questions and interests. The course was participatory. I enjoyed the role play scenarios and giving and receiving feedback
Patrick Alleyne, Human Resources Manager for the Greater London Authority talks about his experience of working with CMP for over 10 years on setting up their in-house service and training their mediators, whilst touching on his experience of outsourcing sensitive cases to us too.
Superintendent Chas Bailey provides a case study detailing how the Metropolitan Police has successfully embedded their in-house mediation service to manage conflict and prevent escalation of workplace conflict to investigation or tribunal. He explains how he has used CMP’s accredited mediation training, consultancy and ongoing support to ensure mediators work to best practice standards.
Our extensive experience has shown that these areas are the ones that influence whether a mediation service is effective and successful in the longer term.
This checklist will help you design a robust service which will work for your organisation.