Establishing your internal mediation service
In-house mediation is a cost-effective way of managing conflict at work. We pioneered in house workplace mediation in the UK and since then have set up services for more than 500 organisations.
There isn’t much we can’t help you with, when it comes to:
- making and sustaining the business case – with clear targets and goals
- positioning your service
- recruiting and selecting the right people as mediators
- training them so they are ready to take cases as solo or co-mediators
- making sure mediation works -you can expect a success rate of over 80% with our training
- getting the message out there and ensuring uptake
- raising the awareness of managers and staff about when and why to give mediation a go
- measuring and evaluating the impact of mediation against your aims
- providing ongoing support and development so your mediators stay committed, skilful and available.
We include all the support and guidance you need
With CMP you get advice and guidance based on 20 years’ experience setting up house mediation services,and supporting them to deliver results. So you also get:
- Everything you need to set up, market, manage and monitor your service
- Consultancy and guidance before and after the training
- Training methods to create the highest levels of skills, competencies and understanding.
- Assessed role plays every day to really give mediators confidence and experience
- Feedback and coaching from trainers who are practising mediators
- 12 months free support
- 6 free webinars, additional resources, and social learning
A highly interactive and participative course; just what we wanted. The trainer was very experienced, using personal anecdotes to make scenarios ‘come alive’.
CMP always go the extra mile because in addition to the mediation training and accreditation we also got support with difficult situations and participation in a network of mediators across the Public and Private sector where good practise was shared.
An excellent refresher course with very positive feedback. A very useful and timely refresher that brought some interesting ideas to the fore – it was really enjoyable and I felt that the course was value for money and that delegates received a boost to their confidence. CMP staff are always professional, polite, and easily accessible.
I had half thought ‘how can it need six days to learn to mediate’, and then after the course I thought, ‘I need another six days!’ It was a lot more of a roller coaster than you might think, with more self-learning, building awareness of how you react to others in different situations. It was very useful to us and a powerful experience. The delegates are all very intellectually capable, and the training includes theory, practice and reflection – a nice mixture that covers the way different people prefer to learn.
The Advanced Mediation programme was an excellent course focused on some of the more challenging aspects of being a mediator.
I thoroughly enjoyed the the mediation refresher as the last time I saw a role play was almost 4 years ago! So it was great to observe and learn different techniques. Very friendly trainer, a great listener and very knowledgeable
If Carlsberg made mediation courses … The Professional Workplace Mediator course was without doubt the best training I’ve received – possibly even life changing. The course really did do what it said on the tin. From the moment we started the environment felt a safe place to be and a good place to be open to learn. The trainer really is in a class of his own knows “his stuff” inside and out. Awesome!
Our SMT found the training to be extremely helpful. The programme was customised to meet our specific needs. We were pleased with the balance of theory, case studies and role play, which enabled us to test our new skills in a safe environment.
Patrick Alleyne, Human Resources Manager for the Greater London Authority talks about his experience of working with CMP for over 10 years on setting up their in-house service and training their mediators, whilst touching on his experience of outsourcing sensitive cases to us too.
Superintendent Chas Bailey provides a case study detailing how the Metropolitan Police has successfully embedded their in-house mediation service to manage conflict and prevent escalation of workplace conflict to investigation or tribunal. He explains how he has used CMP’s accredited mediation training, consultancy and ongoing support to ensure mediators work to best practice standards.
Our extensive experience has shown that these areas are the ones that influence whether a mediation service is effective and successful in the longer term.
This checklist will help you design a robust service which will work for your organisation.