Establishing your internal mediation service
In-house mediation is a cost-effective way of managing conflict at work. We pioneered in house workplace mediation in the UK and since then have set up services for more than 500 organisations.
There isn’t much we can’t help you with, when it comes to:
- making and sustaining the business case – with clear targets and goals
- positioning your service
- recruiting and selecting the right people as mediators
- training them so they are ready to take cases as solo or co-mediators
- making sure mediation works -you can expect a success rate of over 80% with our training
- getting the message out there and ensuring uptake
- raising the awareness of managers and staff about when and why to give mediation a go
- measuring and evaluating the impact of mediation against your aims
- providing ongoing support and development so your mediators stay committed, skilful and available.
We include all the support and guidance you need
With CMP you get advice and guidance based on 20 years’ experience setting up house mediation services,and supporting them to deliver results. So you also get:
- Everything you need to set up, market, manage and monitor your service
- Consultancy and guidance before and after the training
- Training methods to create the highest levels of skills, competencies and understanding.
- Assessed role plays every day to really give mediators confidence and experience
- Feedback and coaching from trainers who are practising mediators
- 12 months free support
- 6 free webinars, additional resources, and social learning
Our SMT found the training extremely helpful. The mediation training programme was customised to meet our specific needs and we were pleased with the balance of theory, case studies and role play, which enabled us to test our new mediation skills in a safe environment.
The mediation skills training gave me the opportunity to explore my own responses to conflict and learn ways to manage, reflect back what is being said, and start to move towards a resolution, providing me a very good role model for mediation.
The group mediation trainer demonstrated experience and expertise. The course dealt effectively with all my concerns which boosted my confidence and encouraged effective and collaborative working with groups.
Very relevant to my role at work. Informative, practical guidance.
CMP is a very good company to do business with and I would definitely recommend them. I was very happy with the service offered, the investigation training and the follow-up support. Our organisational objectives were clearly met by CMP’s involvement and I believe the training has provided the foundation for success.
The mediation training was one of the best courses I have attended throughout my career. A superb trainer with extraordinary levels of experience, capacity and energy and a great deal of theoretical and practical experience knowledge, Michael knows the subject matter inside and out!
I was offered a place on this mediation training course at the last minute and I am glad that I accepted – it might have a big impact on my working life. Thanks!
A very informative and useful course that should be part of core management training.
The mediation training was something new and completely different to anything I have ever done before. Completely relevant to what I want to pursue in future. The trainer kept it real, his passion for his art was obvious throughout. Thank you very much!
Patrick Alleyne, Human Resources Manager for the Greater London Authority talks about his experience of working with CMP for over 10 years on setting up their in-house service and training their mediators, whilst touching on his experience of outsourcing sensitive cases to us too.
Superintendent Chas Bailey provides a case study detailing how the Metropolitan Police has successfully embedded their in-house mediation service to manage conflict and prevent escalation of workplace conflict to investigation or tribunal. He explains how he has used CMP’s accredited mediation training, consultancy and ongoing support to ensure mediators work to best practice standards.
Our extensive experience has shown that these areas are the ones that influence whether a mediation service is effective and successful in the longer term.
This checklist will help you design a robust service which will work for your organisation.