Establishing your internal mediation service
In-house mediation is a cost-effective way of managing conflict at work. We pioneered in house workplace mediation in the UK and since then have set up services for more than 500 organisations.
There isn’t much we can’t help you with, when it comes to:
- making and sustaining the business case – with clear targets and goals
- positioning your service
- recruiting and selecting the right people as mediators
- training them so they are ready to take cases as solo or co-mediators
- making sure mediation works -you can expect a success rate of over 80% with our training
- getting the message out there and ensuring uptake
- raising the awareness of managers and staff about when and why to give mediation a go
- measuring and evaluating the impact of mediation against your aims
- providing ongoing support and development so your mediators stay committed, skilful and available.
We include all the support and guidance you need
With CMP you get advice and guidance based on 20 years’ experience setting up house mediation services,and supporting them to deliver results. So you also get:
- Everything you need to set up, market, manage and monitor your service
- Consultancy and guidance before and after the training
- Training methods to create the highest levels of skills, competencies and understanding.
- Assessed role plays every day to really give mediators confidence and experience
- Feedback and coaching from trainers who are practising mediators
- 12 months free support
- 6 free webinars, additional resources, and social learning
Opened up a new way of viewing conflict at work and in everyday life.
The trainer on this advanced mediation course was one of the best facilitators I have had the pleasure to learn from.
The CMP workplace mediation training was vital. Their Interactive Mediation model gives a clear easy process to follow, that allows you the space and the confidence to use your developed skills to manage the issues in the mediation. The training has been great in that it provided a framework for a more structured approach.
Very relevant to my role at work. Informative, practical guidance.
Excellent quality course which appropriately addressed the needs and requirements of the learners. All the staff trained stated that it was one of the best courses they had ever attended, and they hope that they can undertake further training with this organisation in the future.
I was delighted with the group mediation training. It got straight to the point and didn’t go over old ground. It left me room to personalise the information to my needs and situation and provided a structure and method for group mediation which most importantly could flex to the needs of the situation and participants.
Our SMT found the training extremely helpful. The mediation training programme was customised to meet our specific needs and we were pleased with the balance of theory, case studies and role play, which enabled us to test our new mediation skills in a safe environment.
A very informative and useful course that should be part of core management training.
The mediation training was well delivered, keeping me engaged 100% of the time. It was extremely interesting, and very useful and made me very aware of how mediation should be performed.
CMP is an organisation at the top of their game and this was evidenced by the calibre of the trainers assigned to my project. Seldom do Training & Development Managers receive outstanding feedback from 100% of delegates who reported being fully engaged across six days of training. The CMP trainers, through their delivery style, personalities and course content and structure, did exactly this.
Patrick Alleyne, Human Resources Manager for the Greater London Authority talks about his experience of working with CMP for over 10 years on setting up their in-house service and training their mediators, whilst touching on his experience of outsourcing sensitive cases to us too.
Superintendent Chas Bailey provides a case study detailing how the Metropolitan Police has successfully embedded their in-house mediation service to manage conflict and prevent escalation of workplace conflict to investigation or tribunal. He explains how he has used CMP’s accredited mediation training, consultancy and ongoing support to ensure mediators work to best practice standards.
Our extensive experience has shown that these areas are the ones that influence whether a mediation service is effective and successful in the longer term.
This checklist will help you design a robust service which will work for your organisation.