Establishing your internal mediation service
In-house mediation is a cost-effective way of managing conflict at work. We pioneered in house workplace mediation in the UK and since then have set up services for more than 500 organisations.
There isn’t much we can’t help you with, when it comes to:
- making and sustaining the business case – with clear targets and goals
- positioning your service
- recruiting and selecting the right people as mediators
- training them so they are ready to take cases as solo or co-mediators
- making sure mediation works -you can expect a success rate of over 80% with our training
- getting the message out there and ensuring uptake
- raising the awareness of managers and staff about when and why to give mediation a go
- measuring and evaluating the impact of mediation against your aims
- providing ongoing support and development so your mediators stay committed, skilful and available.
We include all the support and guidance you need
With CMP you get advice and guidance based on 20 years’ experience setting up house mediation services,and supporting them to deliver results. So you also get:
- Everything you need to set up, market, manage and monitor your service
- Consultancy and guidance before and after the training
- Training methods to create the highest levels of skills, competencies and understanding.
- Assessed role plays every day to really give mediators confidence and experience
- Feedback and coaching from trainers who are practising mediators
- 12 months free support
- 6 free webinars, additional resources, and social learning
An excellent accredited mediation training course which equipped me for mediating workplace issues as a senior manager
The trainer on this advanced mediation course was one of the best facilitators I have had the pleasure to learn from.
This is probably the best learning that I have participated in for years. Well paced, excellent, supportive and developmental feedback. Really nice to refresh my skills and gain some confidence.
Working with such an experienced and professional organisation has been incredibly refreshing and our in-house mediation service has been enhanced as a result. The course was fantastic and people left feeling confident with the skills. The course content was comprehensive and the training techniques first class.
The mediation skills training gave me the opportunity to explore my own responses to conflict and learn ways to manage, reflect back what is being said, and start to move towards a resolution, providing me a very good role model for mediation.
An excellent refresher course with very positive feedback. A very useful and timely refresher that brought some interesting ideas to the fore – it was really enjoyable and I felt that the course was value for money and that delegates received a boost to their confidence. CMP staff are always professional, polite, and easily accessible.
The Advanced Mediation programme was an excellent course focused on some of the more challenging aspects of being a mediator.
CMP were very flexible in meeting our specific needs. The trainer was very professional and all our mediators found the course challenging and thought provoking.
Patrick Alleyne, Human Resources Manager for the Greater London Authority talks about his experience of working with CMP for over 10 years on setting up their in-house service and training their mediators, whilst touching on his experience of outsourcing sensitive cases to us too.
Superintendent Chas Bailey provides a case study detailing how the Metropolitan Police has successfully embedded their in-house mediation service to manage conflict and prevent escalation of workplace conflict to investigation or tribunal. He explains how he has used CMP’s accredited mediation training, consultancy and ongoing support to ensure mediators work to best practice standards.
Our extensive experience has shown that these areas are the ones that influence whether a mediation service is effective and successful in the longer term.
This checklist will help you design a robust service which will work for your organisation.