- A professional, who will risk-assess at every stage of the investigation process, who knows exactly when to flag concerns, and who understands the risks that these sensitive conduct matters can pose to your reputation
- Someone with the time to work on your case as a priority – typically, you’ll get a report on your desk in 30 working days or less
- A fair price and clear, sensible and accurate costings – 97% of cases come in within 95% of our original cost estimate so there are no nasty financial surprises; and because we like long-term relationships, you’ll have negotiated the best rate for the work!
- Complete discretion and data security – because our business reputation, as well as your professional reputation, is on the line
- Access to years of expertise – we get on with the job, so you don’t have to hand-hold an internal investigator
- Exactly what you want – whether that was a fact-find only, investigation with recommendations; a review of your internal investigations; or a professional expert to hear an Appeal. You’re the customer, so your needs matter
- A report that is clear and easy to read on a first-pass – with an evidence trail that is logical and transparent. No more wading through pages of over-written personal opinion masquerading as evidence. And that report will have been quality assured by our Head of Investigation before it reaches your desk, for added robustness. If you want a draft report first, that’s okay too
- Someone who knows when to communicate with you – nothing happens that you’re not aware of, or haven’t agreed to
- The option of a personal debrief with the investigator at no extra cost
- Added value, because our years’ of experience and in-depth understanding of conflict mean that we review each case for any organisational learning
Independent workplace investigations
Please scroll to the bottom to see testimonials and case study
Refer your grievance, disciplinary or whistleblowing complaints to an independent workplace investigation provider; you get a fast, reliable and expert service from CMP Resolutions.
An independent workplace investigation is a cost effective option
For serious, complex or senior matters, using our HR investigation service means you can relax, knowing that you’re getting 10 assured benefits:
Investigations are part and parcel of what HR do, but if something is going to take a lot of time, requires specialist input and needs doing immediately, then we do occasionally outsource. Public Sector bodies have to be very cautious in terms of the cost of conducting investigations in relation to outsourcing and so when we do, we have to be confident we will achieve best value. CMP was aware of these considerations and delivered to timescale.
CMP is very professional, clear on process and delivered within the timescale – there was huge efficiency internally, precisely the reason for outsourcing the investigations. We received feedback that the grievance investigator was very good with witnesses, which we felt was essential because it put them at their ease.
We are magnificently impressed with the robustness and thoroughness of the investigation provided by CMP Resolutions.
The average time taken to complete a case went down from 180 days to 65 days, and an analysis of case management costs showed a drop from £9 million to £6 million over 6 years. Outsourcing this service to CMP resulted in a gross saving of £3 million in 4 years.
I was very impressed with CMP and their investigator who took the time to really talk with me, to find out the facts, probing sensitively and with respect to find out not only what happened but why. His approach was to engage me in a deep conversation allowing me the time I needed to get to the bottom of all the issues; I genuinely enjoyed my interview, which is not something I ever thought I would say about being part of an investigation.
Public Sector bodies have to be very cautious in terms of the cost of conducting investigations in relation to outsourcing, and so when we do we have to be confident we will achieve best value; we are confident CMP provided us with just that.
Undertaking investigations into grievance and disciplinary matters is incredibly demanding of management time and attention, and take expertise and focus away from other core strategic functions.
If you’re wondering why organisations choose to refer a complaint to an external provider, this paper explains why.