When a complaint or allegation is raised in your workplace, consider using an independent investigator.
Referring a grievance complaint, a disciplinary or conduct matter for investigation by an independent investigator could not be simpler.
- Phone or email us. We take the particulars and give you an indicative cost. If you want to go ahead, we can allocate the right investigator, who will be in touch with you within 24 hours to scope the case fully.
- At the scoping meeting with the investigator, you agree the procedural parameters for the investigation and the terms of reference. The investigator produces an investigation plan, including a schedule of interviews and anticipated timescales. They take receipt of your relevant policies and paperwork.
- We give you a final estimate of costs, and set a close date for the report submission. The case is now confirmed.
- Our investigator meets the parties involved for interviews. The investigator takes their own notes, manages the return and agreement of the notes and writes the report, all within your timescales.
- You get weekly progress reports from us, to indicate things are still on track.
- The report gets quality assured by us before being sent to you along with all the appendices.
- The investigator debriefs with you, or with the Hearing Manager/ Deciding Officer, as appropriate.
- We seek your feedback and that of the parties if agreed, to check our delivery standards.
- We send you the invoice and the feedback from parties.
And if you do end up in an ET, our investigators are all experienced in the witness role and in giving evidence.
You’re in safe hands from beginning to end.
Our impartial HR investigators have at least 10 years’ experience at senior level, across a wide range of organisations, so we can match the best person for you. Our service extends across the UK, and we have developed a variety of effective ways to manage and minimise the cost to you. The risk of doing an investigation poorly is high – so if it’s something that is sensitive, senior, or likely to involve media interest, pick up the phone in confidence and talk it through with us.
CMP provided us with focused attention on the seriousness of a complaint and the company’s attitude towards it; the process was handled very well.
This was a difficult case with sensitive Harassment and Bullying issues, many witnesses and a strict time constraint. CMP were fantastic in ensuring that the investigator worked outside their SLA to complete the report. The investigator was thorough, provided valuable insight and worked incredibly hard to ensure a full robust report earlier than expected. A BIG thank you to them!
Public Sector bodies have to be very cautious in terms of the cost of conducting investigations in relation to outsourcing, and so when we do we have to be confident we will achieve best value; we are confident CMP provided us with just that.
As a party in a grievance investigation getting called to an interview has the potential to be very stressful. However, I was very impressed with CMP Resolutions and the investigator on the case I was involved with. They took the time to really talk with me to find out the facts, probing sensitively and with respect to find out not only what happened but why. Their approach was to engage me in a deep conversation allowing me the time I needed to get to the bottom of all the issues; I genuinely enjoyed my interview, which is not something I ever thought I would say about being part of an investigation.
We received feedback that the investigator was very good with witnesses, which we felt was essential because it put them at their ease. CMP is very professional, clear on process and delivered within the timescale. There was huge efficiency internally, which was precisely the reason for outsourcing the investigations.
Investigations are part and parcel of what HR do, but if something is going to take a lot of time, requires specialist input and needs doing immediately, then we do occasionally outsource. Public Sector bodies have to be very cautious in terms of the cost of conducting investigations in relation to outsourcing and so when we do, we have to be confident we will achieve best value. CMP was aware of these considerations and delivered to timescale.
We explain the investigation values and process we work to, and explain in detail what you can expect when you refer any type of complaint to CMP.